Friday 4 April 2014

Early Autumn Loveliness

Besides my family, there are 2 things that I am deeply passionate about, dolls and gardening. There are times when I can combine them by grabbing some knitting and heading out to sit and knit in my garden.

At the moment what a joy that is. The zinnias and salvias are in full glory. I thought I would share the view of my morning with you all from my Autumn Garden.




Our path that leads into the garden is regularly over growing to the point where we can't get through, I guess we can thank all the rain we have had lately, a far cry from the bush fires that threatened us some 6 months ago.


Finally we are seeing banana passionfruit flowers on our vine! Can't wait to start harvesting, does anyone know if you can make passionfruit butter from banana passionfruits?? Worth an experiment or 2 perhaps.


I have a very real soft spot for zinnias and salvias. As a result I think I have salvia plants by the dozens and zinnias by the hundreds. At this time of year it is not uncommon for my little garden to be swarmed with butterflies, obviously the butterlfies love them just as much as I do.

No comments: