Tuesday 1 April 2014

Gwen and Dolly

I've been working on a little dolly named Gwen this past week or so. She started as a dolly dream, I really wanted to create something out of some beautiful grey wool that I have had in my wool stash.





I also wanted to play around with a vintage knitting stitch known as feather & fan. I'm new to lace knitting and I thought that good ol' feather & fan would be a lovely first step. So Gwen's dress has a skirt made of this pattern.





Gwen loves playing dollies, her favourite is her little felt doll named Missy.




Gwen has a scarf that she wears around her neck or sometimes as head band. It is made of delicate mohair blended yard in a variegated, dusty pink colour.



Gwen has a sweet little pair of crochet baby jane shoes on. They are made from the same variegated mohair that is in her scarf.





I'll be putting Gwen and her dolly Missy up in my Etsy store today.
 



No comments: