Thursday 21 August 2014

Making of Millicent Bunny

This week,  amongst my sewing work, little Millicent Bunny appeared on my worktable, a lovely little friend for Winnie.

I spent a lot more time on her ears... shaping and shading them and stitching them down, and I really like the results. She has such a sad little look to her though, after I finished her final few stitches and looked over at her she made me a little sad I have to say. But I am sure Winnie will be a good friend and cheer her up.


Her little dress is made from baby Suri alpaca. it is soooo soft and delicate. It did take a fair bit of time to knit up because the stitches are so small, in fact the same amount of stitches went into this dress as one I would normally make for one of my bigger dolls. Not to mention that it took me two goes to do, because the first dress I dropped a stitch... and there was no way I was ever going to retrieve it! hehehe. 

The dress was finished with some antique mother of pearl buttons and a lovely piece of turquoise vintage ribbon.




I think Millie and Winnie are going to be the best of friends.


Mel xxx

No comments: