Monday 12 January 2015

2015 the Year of the Hat!

Dear husband has returned to work now and  I am counting down the weeks till school returns. My twins, are heading into kindergarten this year and for the first time in many years I will only have one littlie at home. People have been asking me, quite a lot actually, how am I am feeling with my new found, upcoming freedom. Its a funny comment, because I still have Matty at home, but I can concede that is a huge difference to having 3.


In the thick of it, well just after I had Matty, I had 3 under 17 months, my 3 older girls (2 of which were heading into highschool), and I was trying to maintain my studies, studying a bachelor of education.... but any grandiose ideas I had of continuing on that trajectory with 3 babies was soon altered. I found myself in amongst a mountain of dirty nappies, washing, breastfeeding and sleepless nights. And really I had to just go with the flow, it was all about survival.

Its been an epic journey being a stay at home Mum to 6, filled with many ups and downs.  But now I see changes on the horizon, and new beginnings are ahead, what they will be and where they will take me I don't know. So many older women I have spoken to, mention to me how wonderful those early years are at home with toddlers are... and how fast they go. And I am sure I will look back on them as fondly as most do, but for me, there is no doubt,  that every silver lining is still attached to a cloud.

For now though, any real thoughts and plans or long stares onto the horizon to ponder the future are abated with the comforting rhythm of the crochet needle, for 2015.. this far anyway, it has been the year of the hat!! Here is a few glimpse of what I've been up to for the first few weeks of this new year.










Mel x


No comments: